Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My 3 blessings on this Mother's Day:
  1. My beautiful mother who brought me into this world and continues to teach me so much about life and how to be a good mama and wife.  She continues to amaze me with her openness and desire to never stop learning.  I am so proud of her for taking the brave step to begin to practice Adamantine(R) Yoga a couple months ago and for sticking with it.  Thank you, Mom, for supporting me in everything that I do and continuing to encourage me to dream and set goals.  I love you.

  2.  My handsome son, Huck, who continues to teach me patience and reminds me to see the world through the eyes of a child.  His wonder, spirit and intelligence amaze me every day and bring so much joy to my life.  It's hard to believe he has been in our lives for 16 months and how things have changed during that period of time.  I am so grateful for our healthy little boy who loves to be outside and shows such pure excitement & joy when either my husband or I walk through the door after a day at work or into his room after nap time.  The unconditional love that exists between a parent and a child is a beautiful bond.
  3. Gardening and the land that God has given us to care for.  I spent time today weeding a flower bed and planting some seeds that will hopefully bring flowers this spring or summer.  Working with my hands in the dirt and navigating around the many earthworms I encountered was therapeutic and a beautiful reminder that all things work together for our good.  Even though the clover and dandelions had taken over this little bed around the perennials that live there, the life that was working so hard beneath those weeds to make the soil more fertile gave me reason to be thankful.  Because just a few years ago when I created that flower bed, there was nothing but grass growing in clay soil there.  Life creates life.

1 comment: