Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Huck...


 
Dear Sweet Baby Huck,
I hold you in my arms
thinking of all the things
that make you my beautiful son.

Your tiny fingers reach for me,
grasp my hand,
and this physical touch
goes deeper.
An invisible cord connecting us.
A force far greater
than you or I will ever comprehend.
You know my presence at all times
sensing our bond
even when we are apart
 
You drift off to sleep,
a watchful eye always on me,
then flash a smile.
I wonder what you dream of,
who you’ll be someday.
Your precious breath reminds me
I gave you life.

Four months have passed
without ease,
but frustrations with challenges,
raising such a spirited baby.
Your gift of life,
of energy,
of infinite love
is the best gift
ever received
this first Mother’s Day
of mine.

You are my baby.
I love you,
always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment